When it comes to finding a place to stay, many things are worth considering. The price of the property and your budget will always be crucial components of the buying process. You also need to ensure that you have facilities such as transport, shops, entertainment, and of course, families need to study the local schools.
However, to feel at home in a town or city, you need to know if you’ll enjoy living in a place. It is reasonable to assume would-be buyers ask if Newcastle is a nice place to live. At Urban BASE, we firmly believe it has everything you are looking for in setting up a home.
There are many options to consider in Newcastle
One of the best things about the Newcastle property market is that there is something for everyone.
Yes, the city centre ensures you are close to a thriving nightlife scene, and many great shops, but if this isn’t your scene, don’t worry.
At around two miles from the city’s heart, Fenham has developed an excellent reputation in recent times. The area has welcomed students, but many young professionals and families have also embraced this up-and-coming part of the city.
If you are doing well and want to live in a more affluent part of Newcastle, Jesmond is ideal. With fantastic restaurants and bars on offer, not to mention many boutique shops on your doorstep, you can live here and avoid the city centre!
We also highly recommend Ouseburn, an area that has undergone considerable change in recent years. Once at the heart of Newcastle’s industrial endeavours, Ouseburn is now the cultural quarter of Newcastle, and a home for all creatives. Seven Stories, The National Centre for Children’s Books ensures there is always a way to keep youngsters entertained, and there are many brilliant independent stores and cafes to sustain you!
Whether you live for art, live music, history or you just want to live in a thriving community, we think you’ll love Ouseburn.
Other locations to consider include:
- Heaton – A popular place with homebuyers and a hub for live events, including music and theatre
- North & South Shields – You can enjoy the majesty of the British coastline, which is perfect for those who like peace and lively walks. Of course, with strong transport options, you can still reach the city centre in less than half an hour
- Chopwell – The mining history is still prominent here, but Chopwell is ideal for those who prefer to live as part of a small and close-knit community
- Gosforth – Families looking to centre themselves close to great schools, big shopping centres and lots of great places for activities and days out will appreciate life in Gosforth
Some of the positive factors that draw people to Newcastle, include:
- The city has a reputation for friendly residents, which is an ideal change of pace for many people across the United Kingdom
- In relative terms, homes are affordable in Newcastle, allowing you to get more for your money
- The jobs market is growing in Newcastle and the North East, offering more opportunity for people to find sustainable work
- There is a great balance between city living and the countryside, with residents able to enjoy both lifestyles in the same day
Like all major cities in the UK, Newcastle has enough transport options and schools to meet the basic needs of buyers. However, where Newcastle excels is with the variety of life, the friendliness of the area, and the value for money on offer.
There is no denying more and more people find Newcastle is a great place to live, and if you are keen to learn more, we are here to assist you.
Contact Urban BASE for all your Newcastle property needs
If you would like to arrange a property valuation for your home, or arrange an appointment to discuss a move into the North East rental market, we are always happy to help. Call us on 0845 6431186 today.